State Level Position
Location: Macon Judicial Circuit
Salary: Commensurate with Administrative Assistant II
Deadline: Open until filled
Job Description and Requirements:
The Macon Circuit Public Defender’s Office is hiring an Administrative Assistant. Duties will include conducting research to support legal proceedings, which may include a defense, or initiating a legal action for the Circuit Public Defender Office. This is a county funded state position with state benefits.
Under general supervision, performs paralegal and office administration duties. Provides support and office administration to the Circuit Public Defender office. Provides information and assistance to clients and staff.
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Calls or contacts witnesses, attorneys, and other legal parties.
- Compiles and prepares legal documents.
- Delivers legal pleadings to circuit courts.
- Provides instruction and assistance in conducting legal research.
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas.
- Conducts extensive research to compile information needed to generate reports, complete projects and accurately respond to questions and concerns.
- Analyzes problems, questions, issues, etc to develop and report recommendations for resolving them.
- Assists supervising staff in organizing and executing routine activities and special projects.
- Organizes and coordinates the efficient function of the Circuit Public Defender office.
- Plans and coordinates meetings, conferences, seminars, and travel calendars.
- Provides administrative and/or technical assistance to clients and staff.
- Researches and/or resolves client issues or questions and prepares documents. May represent the manager in various matters.
- Reviews, processes, or issues licenses, applications, bylaws, reports, fees, intelligence data, etc.
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of agency rules, policies and procedures
- Ability to use computer programs, calendar functions, and electronic research sources
- Ability to prepare and/or coordinate legal documents.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and prioritize workload
- Ability to provide support services to both clients and staff
- Ability to use proper judgment in selecting which issues to handle or re-direct
- Ability to identify client’s issues and provide satisfactory resolution
Associate's degree from an accredited college AND One year of work related experience OR Three years of work related experience
Interested persons should send their resume and state application to:
Ms. Deresa Cruz via
201 2nd ST, STE 550
Macon, GA 31201