- What is OMHA and what do they do?
- Where are the mental hospitals in Georgia?
- What is the percentage of criminal defendants housed in Georgia’s Mental Hospitals?
- Where can I learn more about mentally ill defendant’s in Georgia Criminal Justice System?
Questions about Incompetence to Stand Trial?
- What is the standard for Incompetence to Stand Trial?
- What is a Special Plea of Incompetence?
- What is needed in court for a determination of Incompetence to Stand Trial?
- When should an Attorney assert a claim of Incompetence to Stand Trial?
- What should an attorney do if they are concerned with the competency/behavior of a client during trial.
- What if a client is found Incompetent at the time of trial or after entering a plea of guilty?
- Who has the legal duty to raise the claim of Incompetence?
- What is a Special Jury?
- What is the next step after client is found incompetent?
Questions about NGRI?
- What is the standard for Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity?
- Is an evaluation required for a determination of Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity?
- Is an expert witness required for a Verdict of Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity?
- When should an attorney assert a claim of NGRI?
- What should an attoenry do if they are concerned with the sanity of their client?
Questions about evaluations?
- How does an attorney get an evaluation over the objections of the client?
- Where should an attorney start when needing an evaluation of a client’s mental state?
- Who pays for evaluations?
Questions for Attorneys?
- How do I get sample motions and forms?
- What are the residential options for a criminal defendants who have been accused but cannot go to jail because of mental health issues?
- What are placement options for criminal defendants with mental health issues and charged with sexual crimes?
- What placement is available is available for a mentally retarded client after release?
- What are Forensic Group Homes?